You know how it is, you visit a website and somehow you’ve subscribed to their newsletter without even knowing. You’ve been around their website and seen a few things you like but it’s not all relevant.
Within minutes the marketing machine starts turning and you have an inbox full of suggestions of things you should be buying. But you’re thinking “why do I need to know about ladies support pants, I’m a 25 year old bloke!”
Your next thought is, next time I get one of their emails, I probably won’t bother to open it
Now take that same situation and apply it to your business and customers, imagine when they are signing up they can choose what they do and don’t want you to tell them about, so in this case you could have a preference centre that asks ‘are you interested in men’s clothing?’, ‘are you interested in women’s clothing?’. You could also go further into what styles or colours they are interested in or price ranges, the opportunities are endless.
So now you have this information – use it!
Your customers have spent the time filling it out; don’t frustrate them by not listening. It’s one thing not to ask, it’s another thing not to listen!
Now you can segment your email campaigns and use dynamic content to create the perfect personalised email which will have a world of benefits, for both you and your customers.
What can you expect?
- Your unsubscribe rates will decrease
- Your open rates and ROI of your campaigns will increase
- Customers feel more engaged with your brand
- You are not wasting money on emailing people that don’t want them
- You encourage trust with your customers
- It qualifies as a double opt in, improving the quality of your data
- You show you care about your customers by giving them the opportunity to pick their own options
You can easily create your own email preference centre with dotSurvey – and here’s the video on how…