The thing about email is – the more you send, the more money you make online. Research has shown that many businesses are missing out on opportunities and leaving money on the table by not sending enough targeted email campaigns in sufficient volume.
Here’s how you could be missing out….
- Non openers
- If some subscribers didn’t open your last email – the opportunity hasn’t vaporised. Using the dotMailer automatic remail feature you can automatically re-mail non openers and reach more people. You should try different times of day, subject lines and even creative / copy. This allows you to get better, too.
- So you sent out an offer valid for 30 days and now you’re relying on the reader to remember the close date!? Err…do you remember the close date of the last good offer you got? Probably not. So you just can’t expect your audience to remember the same. Get a reminder email out – and if they clicked but didn’t buy – get a series of reminders out (dotMailer can do this for you).
- Using triggers you can send specific campaigns to users who behave in a certain way. Signed up for an account? Send a welcome trigger series. Clicked on a previous link twice? Send a related campaign. Clicked a social link but didn’t share email? Ask them to ‘Like’. Created a basket but not checked-out? Send a trigger campaign offer. The opportunities are endless, so stop missing opportunities to talk to an engaged audience and get your content in their inbox. Again, dotMailer can automate this for you.
If you can do this in a targeted way – with the right messages, sent at the right time, you really can notch your conversion rate right up. Just remember…
The five rules
- Don’t assume a non-opener is completely redundant data – they may just be busy! Just monitor your unsubscribe rate if you are sending more campaigns to them.
- Don’t assume your readers will remember an offer close date – or anything else about you, for that matter. Sorry, but people are busy!
- Don’t miss the chance to send hyper-targeted campaigns using behavioural triggers, and hit the right moment.
- If you’re re-sending, test a new approach to the same message. You’ve got nothing to lose!
- Or, given that you’ll make money each time you email – build a new campaign to be sent to openers and non openers – don’t let time stand in the way of making more money, especialy out of openers, who are your hot prospects! If you haven’t got time – get our managed services team to help you.
And that’s that. Send more, sell more.
P.S: show and tell more – put your comments / experience / suggestions below, or tweet them to @dotMailer. Good Luck!