Ben Staveley, Head of eCommerce at dotmailer fills us in on our next big US East Coast appearance.
When it comes to it, the community around a technology platform can pretty much make or break its success. The hugely successful Meet Magento World Series, has been instrumental in the eCommerce platform’s success in powering over 25% of the world’s top 1 million online retail sites, and dotmailer is happy to announce that we are Gold Sponsors for this year’s New York event.
What we’re doing
September 22-23 will see the East Coast Magento ecosystem descend upon, Digital Sandbox in Lower Manhattan for Meet Magento NY, a conference aimed at providing independent information about the platform and ecommerce, as well as providing a space for merchants, system integrators, developers and service providers to connect and share ideas.
As well as exhibiting, our own Jonny Dixon, Global eCommerce Channel Manager will be leading another one of his ‘Retail to Me-Tail’ seminars, looking at the ‘digital body language’ that email marketer need to look and listen for, to build a truly human user experience
We’re not going in alone either – we’ll be joined by a bunch of our technology and solutions partners:
- – Sweet Tooth, a great customer loyalty platform for eCommerce are co-Gold sponsors
- – Avalara, big disrupters in the sales tax management field
- – Interactiv4, a key Magento solutions implementer in Spain and now New York
Over the coming months, we’ll no doubt be joined by more of friends in the ecosystem! However, even two months out from the event, the agenda is already shaping up amazingly. We’re looking forward to seeing:
- – Thomas Goletz of Netresearch App Factory is presenting the keynote on Open Source and Business
- – Mike Rossi – Sweet Tooth’s CEO presenting on the trends disrupting eCommerce
- – Jary Carter – CEO of OroCRM, talking on the space that CRM should be filling within the eCommerce space
Other people we’re looking forward to meet include the ‘rabble rousers’ of the New York Magento community: Ignacio Riesco & Kimberely Thomas – Interactiv4’s Co-Founders – and Sherrie Rhode, Community & UX lead at Rebellion Media.