Described as ‘the only event worth attending’ for the eCommerce industry, eCommerce Expo (Olympia London, 1-2 October 2014) looks set to be a trend setter for the industry.
What is it?
As well as being one of the key eCommerce trade shows in the in the UK, eCommerce Expo is also home to the annual Awards for Excellence, recognising the agencies, brands and service providers that have raised the bar for the industry.
Aside from a bustling marketplace of suppliers, platforms and solution implementers, the expo is a place for marketers from all walks to find specialist advice and thought leadership on areas such as customer service, omni-channel marketing, payments and logistics.
Among the keynote speakers this year are:
- Tesco’s Head of Architecture, Sam Hill, presenting how the British retail giant evolved into a seamless multichannel consumer experience.
- Smart Insight’s Dr Dave Chaffey, presenting the Customer Journey Report 2014, an exclusive research project with eCommerce Expo on customer experience.
- Tracy Yaverbaun from Facebook will be talking Connected Devices, and what the ‘always on’ culture means for the modern marketer.
- PayPal’s Head of Retail, Rob Harper, will be talking about the future of payment technology.
- Google’s Martijn Bertisen will be presenting on technology innovation pushing forward the eCommerce sector.
What’s dotmailer doing?
We will have our easily recognisable stand exhibiting the platform as well as some of our newest platform developments – come and find us at Stand 212.
As always, dotmailer’s very own showman, Client Services Director, Skip Fidura will be taking to the podium with his new presentation – exclusive to eComm Expo – ‘Digital bricks & mortar for retailers’. Skip will be taking a deep dive into email marketing automation for ecommerce-based businesses, revealing how retailers can harness it to replicate the humanity and personal touch that your customers love.
Expect to take away the thinking behind the best marketing automation programs proven to increase sales revenue, real-life examples of the best and the worst in email marketing, and a checklist of what your business can do to maximize customer engagement through email.
Skip will be presenting on Wednesday 1 October at 10.45 in the Digital & Mobile Marketing Theatre. More information is available here.
Who else is there?
It’s definitely a family affair. We’re in the company of a few of our technology and solution implementer partners, who are also presenting:
- Jamie Turner and Guy Mucklow of delivery and dispatch specialists, Postcode Anywhere will be presenting ‘Customer footprints’ a look at how marketers can the the mass of ‘big data’ that customers generate into awesome user experiences.
- Marcus Law, EMEA Head of Marketing for SLI Systems, will be imparting some site search knowledge with he presentation ‘Accelerate eCommerce by connecting shoppers to products’.
- Peer1 Hosting’s eCommerce Specialist Dan Hobson will be sharing how optimising site performance plays a major part in the eCommerce user experience in, ‘Why site speed matters’.
Also exhibiting will be Avalara (a leading sales tax and notifications platform), Nosto (site optimisation), SiteCore (lead generation) and Triggered Messaging (user insight and provider of triggers for automated triggers).
Where can I find more information and register?
Full agenda and registration is available directly on the Ecommerce Expo website.